Bathroom water fixtures
WaterSense Saves Water, Utility Costs and our Fresh Water Supply
Managing water is a growing concern in the United
States. Communities across the country are starting to face challenges
regarding water supply and water infrastructure.
WaterSense has adopted an overarching program philosophy, or set
of principles, that guides EPA in selecting products for evaluation,
developing product specifications, and determining label use, partner
status, leader recognition, and marketing efforts.
In order to be considered for a label, products must:
label will help consumers identify water-efficient products
in the marketplace, while ensuring product performance and encouraging
innovation in manufacturing.
- Perform as well or better than their less efficient counterparts.
- Be about 20 percent more water-efficient than average products
in that category.
- Realize water savings on a national level.
- Provide measurable results.
- Achieve water efficiency through several technology options.
- Be effectively differentiated by the WaterSense label.
- Be independently certified.
WaterSense Products and Services
Switching to WaterSense labeled
bathroom sink faucets or faucet accessories could save
your family enough water annually to do 14 loads of
laundry.Find a WaterSense labeled product
Find rebate programs offered by
Edited by Carolyn Allen, Managing Editor of Solutions For Green